- 346.92 Calories per serving
- PCF Ratio: 28-36-37
- Protein per serving: 22.41 g
- Carbohydrate per serving: 36.49 g
- Fat per serving: 13.23 g
32 oz – Chicken Stock
8 oz – Chicken Breast, Boneless, Skinless
3 each – Chile, New Mexico Red, Dried
1 tbsp – Corn Flour, Masa, Enriched
2 fruit – Lime, Raw
.5 Tsp – Salt, Kosher
15.5 oz – Hominy, White
1/4 cup – Cilantro, Raw
1 avocado – Avocado, Raw
1 tsp – Cumin Seed
2 plum-tomato – Tomato, Roma
1. Steep dried chiles in hot water until soft and pliable: then deseed and destem
While waiting for chiles to soften prepare:
2. In large sauce pot add stock and chicken breast. Bring to simmer, reduce heat and gently poach chicken breast until it is tender and reaches 165° at the thickest part
3. Remove chicken from stock, leaving stock in pot, and shred chicken with two forks immediately. Set shredded chicken aside
4. Add deseed and destemmed chiles to blender with 1 cup chicken stock from pot, salt, cumin, lime juice from 1 lime, and masa. Blend until smooth
5. Pour blended mixture back into pot with remaining chicken stock. Add hominy and bring to gentle simmer for 10 minutes
6. Taste – adjust salt and lime as desired
1. Just get it done
Add chicken, tomatoes, cilantro, and avocado to the soup. Stir gently and then portion in bowls
2. A little now and a little later
If you plan to double the batch or save the soup for later I recommend keeping all of the fresh garnishes separate from the broth until ready to serve.
Reheat broth to a gentle simmer. Place chicken, tomato, avocado and cilantro in bowl. Ladle hot posole broth into bowl.
Broth can be frozen and saved for later.
Calories: 346.92 kcal Protein: 22.41 g Carbs: 36.49 g Total Fat: 13.23 g
Sat Fat: 2.28 g Cholesterol: 48.19 mg Sodium: 975.96 mg Fiber: 7.62 g
Copyright © 2013, by BodyFuel Sport Performance & Lifestyle Nutrition. All rights Reserved.